What is Ambien?
Ambien has its place among a class of medications known as sedative-hypnotic. Its sedative properties are used to treat those having sleeping troubles such as insomnia,
There are various forms of medication available. The immediate release will help you fall asleep immediately and therefore is prescribed for patients who have trouble initiating sleep whereas the extended-release tablets help you stay asleep and are prescribed for patients having disturbed sleep due to night awakenings. Based on your condition, your doctor will determine the right one for you.
- Ambien ought to be taken exclusively according to the exhortation of your primary care physician as the prescription will in general cause serious unfavorably susceptible responses in the event that it is not taken appropriately. Indications of allergic reaction incorporate trouble breathing, hives, and enlarging of your face, lips, tongue, and throat.
- Do not share this medication with your friends or neighbors as it can be dangerous as can land you in legal trouble. Improper intake can cause severe damage to health. Not suggested for pregnant ladies and youngsters.
- Ambien is prescribed for use only in the short term. Taking higher doses than prescribed for a long time can cause dependence and addiction.
- Do not take the medication along with alcohol.
- Due to the high potency of the drug, it is recommended to be taken only before going to bed.
- If the effect of Ambien has not worn off completely, then it is wise that you do not indulge in activities such as driving, operating machinery, or any activities that require your concentration.
- The components of the medication can contain lactose thus triggering allergic reactions in lactose intolerant patients.
- It isn’t recommended for use in youngsters beneath the age of 18.
- On the off chance that you have had a background marked by psychological instability or self-destructive contemplations or dependence on medications or liquor, you ought to let your PCP know right away
- It is not recommended for those having lung or breathing problems such as sleep apnea.
How should Ambien be taken?
Ambien should be taken exactly as per the guidance of your physician. The dodge amounts are prescribed based on a thorough evaluation of your physical and mental health and the patient’s response to treatment. Stick to the regimen and never take higher amounts than necessary.
When you get these pills, a medication guide is also provided. Read through the general information about the medication before you start using them.
Take Ambien only if you are sure that you will have a solid sleep for 7-8 hrs.
Ambien belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines and that means prolonged usage can cause dependency and addiction. If there seems to be no improvement in your condition consult your doctor immediately. Do not self-medicate and adjust the dosage regimen by yourself.
There have been cases when patients who stopped taking the drug had rebound symptoms of their condition. These are quite natural symptoms and under such circumstances seek the guidance of your doctor.
Ambien is to be taken only before going to bed. The optimal dosage amount will be prescribed by your healthcare physician
Taking higher doses for a prolonged period can develop tolerance and addiction which can result in them overdosing on the drug. In case of an emergency call the helpline number immediately. Effects of overdose incorporate disarray, shallow breathing, fainting, dizziness, unconsciousness, and extreme sleepiness.
Avoid any sort of activities such as driving, working, or traveling. If you are woken before you’ve gotten 8hrs sleep while under the influence of the medication, it can cause amnesia. Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other substances.
If not taken as per the prescription of your doctor Ambien is unknown to cause side effects such as anxiety, aggression, depression, hallucinations, unusual thoughts, and memory problems. Extreme secondary effects incorporate considerations of self-harm and suicidal thoughts.
If you experience any of these, call your doctor and get treated immediately.